The aim of implementation of the quality management system (QMS) is to achieve the success functioning of the organization in the long run due to meet the needs of all stakeholders, including consumers of products (services), employees and owners of the organization, as well as society as a whole.
The main tasks, the solution of which is possible with the help of a quality management system are:
- improving the quality of products (services provided);
- reducing the costs for quality by applying Deming cycle, which can eliminate the causes of a mismatch;
- Creation of confidence and trust among consumers of products (services), resulting from the certification system.
The principles of quality management system:
- Customer focus – the organization should be aware of existing and potential (future) needs of its consumers.
- Leadership of the director – manager must have vision and understanding of the mission and the necessity to achieve its goals.
- Involve staff – staff is a primary resource of the organization and is a backbone of leader in achieving sustainable development.
- Process approach – a necessary success is achieved through the introduction of a network of dynamic processes, which help to achieve the set targets.
- System approach to management – all factors, which influence on the organization in management with regard to quality.
- Continuous improvement – the ability to adapt to past and potential changes have taken place in the organization.
- Decision making based on facts – stable development of the organization is possible with the help of using the actual results that are important to the organization.
- Mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers – beneficial cooperation with suppliers allows an organization to create a sustainable supply chain.
Certification of Quality Management System provides:
- advantage in tenders and competitions;
- improving the company’s image and consumer confidence in getting high-quality, safe products;
- increase the investment attractiveness;
- optimization of internal business processes;
- improving production efficiency by reducing costs;
- increase the possibility of successful realization of business plans, achieving goals.
Implement a QMS in the organization may both independently and through integration with other management systems.
Besides, this integration is promising both from the point of stable development of the organization, and from the standpoint of economic factors.